[pct-l] digital camera

I have plans to thru-hike the PCT this year and would like to buy & use a small digital camera.  What kind should I get?  What about  battery life/recharging, etc.  Please help!!
*
*
*
The most exquisitely wonderful and comforting experience a man can have in his lifetime is the opportunity to smell the aromatically rich and intoxicating bouquet that eminates as the scent of a beautiful woman upon her first waking in the morning.