[pct-l] pulling a cart/Pink Motel

A couple of years ago I watched the bridge at Ramona Falls on Mt Hood get
rebuilt. It's in a wilderness so all done by hand tools.
They winched a huge blowdown down the trail and across the creek to form the
undersupport of the bridge. Took all summer but it's a must see if you are
near there on the PCT.
Some little old guy and a young guy were doing most of the work while I was
around. The old guys' job was to measure and supervise and the young guy's
job was to work. :-)) Or so it appeared to me.

Carolyn Eddy
Goattracks Magazine
www.goattracksmagazine.com