[pct-l] pulling a cart/Pink Motel

Regarding the question of using a cart, The Wilderness Act of 1964 says, "no use of motor vehicles, motorized equipment or motorboats, no landing of aircraft, no other form of mechanical transport.."  The question becomes how is this interpreted by the forest service?  Does this prohibit a cart? The
wilderness regulations page for Snoqualmie says:

"General regulations ... which apply to ALL Wilderness Areas:

Motorized and mechanized equipment is prohibited.
To protect the quiet and naturalness of the wilderness, bicycles, carts, chainsaws, and hang gilders are prohibited. Landing of aircraft or dropping or picking up of any material, supplies or person(s) by means of aircraft, including helicopter is prohibited. ..."
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/special/wilderness/wilderness_regs.shtml

There are also similar statements on all of the national forest pages (usually under wilderness regulations) that I have checked.

It definitely appears that carts are considered mechanized and that a foot and pack animal trail means what it says.

Bryan W