[pct-l] pulling a cart/Pink Motel

At 09:15 AM 3/17/04, go4ahike@pacifier.com wrote:
>I passed a Forest service worker last year on the JMT who was pushing one
>of those mileage counting "wheels" along the trail.

Much of the JMT is not in wilderness areas. The wheel may not have been in
a wilderness area.

And I know that exceptions are not made for staff: The chain saws and
pneumatic drills have to be left behind when doing trail maintenance in
wilderness areas. Clearing blow downs with a two man saw (called a "misery
whip") or cutting steps out of granite with a sledge hammer, an impact
drill and wedges are treats not to be missed.