[pct-l] ELR to Ashland

Ken Powers wrote:

> mosquitos are dependant how recent the snow has melted. Mosquitos are
> probably a couple weeks after the snow.

One small comment. My personal observation in Oregon is that the
mosquitos appear in great numbers when snow still covers roughly
one third to one quarter of the ground. The next 2-3 weeks are
the worst.

The speed at which they diminish depends largely on how
rapidly the ground drains and dries. About 10 or 12 days after
the ground is baked good and dry they're gone, except around ponds
and other enduring wet spots. In areas with numerous ponds, like
Sky Lakes or the southern Three Sisters, they persist until the
nights get frosty.