[pct-l] PCT Class of 2004 Gear

A couple of items that might be useful for the big push north in April/May.

1.  I never mentioned that my umbrella holding system for hands free hiking
weighs only 4.75 ounces (12"X12" Zrest pad, foam pipe installation holding
tube, Velcro or duct tape, reflective tape, and 2 mini bungies).  Plus your
umbrella.
2.  Jamie from BearVault had me look at their new BV-100 model.  I added
reflective tape and a decal.  Weighs 2 lbs 7 ounces.  Fits easily into my GoLite
Breeze pack main compartment.  The canister is made of see-through
polycarbonate and no tools are needed to open and close.  Very cool.  It is 8.7" diameter
X 12.5" length.  It is supposed to be for 7-day capacity.  I would like to see
a stuffed-off at the April Kickoff Gathering between the Garcia and the
BearVault.

Please!!  Someone come up with a 3-day bear canister.  That is all I need to
get out the wilderness (if my main food supply is ripped off) or for short
trips.  About 1 pound would be very nice.

Later, Switchback