[pct-l] Tahoe Rim Trail and PCT

My hiking partner and I are planning a trip to the Lake Tahoe area and want
to hike at least part of the TRT, preferably including part of the PCT. We
will be using goats which are considered packstock. I have the guide book
and have looked at the website but can't get a good idea of what the
following scenarios would be.
Can anyone answer a few questions?
1. We will be travelling with packgoats. We need to not do any deep,(higher
than knee high) water crossings.  Small or narrow bridges don't create a
problem but no log crossings.
2. If you had to pick a short section of the trail, what would it be, in
terms of the best scenery and ease of access and logistics?
3. What's the best month to avoid bugs/snow/heat over 90 degrees?
4.Can I reasonably expect to do this with just a hammock or do I need to be
able to sleep on the ground due to lack of trees.
Thanks for your help, another goatpacker did part of this trail last year
and her photos were wonderful.

Carolyn Eddy
Goattracks Magazine
www.goattracksmagazine.com