[pct-l] JMT dates permits

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Jim Strope <jim@catchafallingstar.com>.
* Please use <mailto:jim@catchafallingstar.com> to reply to the sender.

Hi:

I have a couple of questions about the JMT.

1)  If I start in Tuolomne Meadows, What are the 1 or 2 best resupply points assuming I average 10 to 12 miles per day?

2)  I am planning on a start around July 19th.  Under normal conditions, what snow conditions will I encounter?  Mosquitoes?

3)  Where is the best place to call for a permit and how soon can I apply for one?

Thanks for your help

Jim