[pct-l] private vs public mail

    Hi everybody, just wanted to make a little digression into
Nettiquette for a minute! <g>

    Reminder: private mails are supposed to be kept _private_ ; they're
not to be included in posts to the list in any form. There are a couple
of reasons for this besides the obvious politeness-factor; one is that
readers (not having access to the context or full content of the message)
may be misled.
     Example: yesterday I found out-of-context  parts of two private
e-mails had been sent to the list - in spite of the fact that I'd
explained to the poster that I was answering his query privately because
I preferred not to enter public discussion. The result was that I had to
post on the thread anyway, sigh. Some folks wrote me saying they'd
noticed the multiple "quotes" from posts I never made, so I thought I'd
explain to anybody else who was puzzled.
      The e-mail poster has apologized, sort of - _privately_ <wry G>
          bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]