Re: [pct-l] hello everyone!!

Hey Harpua,
  Another GA-ME '96'r here.  I don't believe we've met.  When did you start
your hike last year?  April 2 for me.  Throw some other trail names at me
that ring a bell for you.  I'm considering hiking at least the CA section of
the PCT, myself, in '98.  Thinking to Crater Lake from Mexico, at the least.
Don't think there's too much to worry about in starting late if not going all
the way to Canada.  The big concern for a Northbound PCT hiker is in getting
through the Cascades before the first winter storm.  Water is at its biggest
dilemma in southern California, and you'll be through there before the summer
drought is in full swing.  The drought is more a concern for Southbounders,
and one of the main reasons almost no one hikes the trail thru in that
direction.  Have you read Jardine's
ook?  Recommended.
Enjoy -
Blister>Free, AT '96