Re: [pct-l] Re: Mail Lead Time

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Tom Best wrote:

> I had the same question regarding packages.  The Post Office told me
> that anything over a pound is priorty mail and would be delivered in 2-3
> days so I thought 1-2 weeks lead time would be fine.  Have I made a
> horrible, tragic mistake?????
>
> tom
> campo may1
>
> PS. What is "parcel post"?

It's the alternative to priority mail. When I mailed my first package, the
clerk started putting a priority mail sticker on it. I told him that I
didn't need 2-3 day delivery and asked for a cheaper way. He then mumbled
something like, "Okay you can send it parcel post." Why postal
workers try so hard not to communicate? Maybe I've just had bad luck.
Anyway, since it was roughly half of the priority mail cost, I thought
it made sense. Now that I think about it, I wish I had asked if you can
forward parcel post like you can regular 1st class mail. Does anybody
know?

-Karl

Karl Brandt                             Center for Integrated Systems
brandt@kibo.stanford.edu                Via Ortega Rd.
(415) 725-3686                          Stanford, CA 94305-4070
http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~kbrandt/