Re: [pct-l] Re: Ticks

Thanks for painting the picture on ticks for me.  I think I'll be taking
the issue more seriously than had been planned.  Of course, as the first
person responded, they apparantly need to first bite you before inflicting
any potential damage (obviously), and then must be "in" for 24 hours or so.
Sounds, therefore, like a nuisance situation requiring due vigilance rather
than fear and worry.  Funny, I'm originally from New England, the "home"
of Lyme disease, and in my many hours of hiking out and about, never had
a single tick encounter to my knowledge.  Only two in my life were on the
AT in Virginia.  Consequently, that felt like an infestation to me.  So,
away go the humidity, rain, and mosquitoes of the East, and in come the
ticks instead.  At least in Cali.  It's always something, isn't it?
- Blister (Tick) >Free, AT '96