[pct-l] Gallon plastic bag cooking question

PCT -

Today was a big day for cooking/preparing food for the upcoming hike, and a
number of the recipes I'm using are of the "reconstitute the dried stuff in
a gallon plastic bag with hot water" variety.

I love the idea of keeping my cookpot clean, but I'm also a little concerned
about putting boiling water in a plastic Glad or Ziploc bag.

I did a little experiment with two different brands : Glad and Ziploc. I
poured boiling water into each, let it sit about 5 minutes, and then tasted
the water to see if it tasted "plastic-y." Neither bag melted (at least not
so that any water leaked).

Neither brand resulted in water that tasted as though it caused cancer, but
I'm still wary.

Any thoughts on this? Any brands of bag that you feel are heavier duty?
Anyone with real data on what boiling water can do to a bag?

Thanks.

Yours,

Wil Van Cleve