[pct-l] Theodore Solomons Trail

Bob Bankhead wrote:

> Oh my God! What a great idea. Start northbound on the lower TST then
> go south on the JMT. What a great way to spend a summer!

This is basically what we do every summer with our llamas.  It is a lot
easier to do a loop, or a figure 8 loop, than it is to handle the
logistics of a point-to-point trip.  So we plan loops that use the PCT
for one side and trails such as the TYT or the TST for the other side of
the loop.  In this way we have done most of both of these trails over
the years (and have traveled sections GHIJK repeatedly) You may
ask--what's a figure 8 loop?--park in the middle, hike a loop south,
resupply yourself from your vehicle, hike a second loop north.  This is
an ideal plan for a 4-6 week trek.  We have used Red's Meadow or
Horseshoe Lake or Agnew Meadow  as the central parking spot for several
figure 8 loop trips.
Marion