[pct-l] Re: forest service lands for sale

Ryan,

I have to agree with you! Both my grandfathers were employed in logging in
Washington State. (They even survived being choke setters.) In the 1930s
and 1940s they saw the writing on the wall - both economic and
environmental. They reinvented themselves (a continuous process) to
support their families in a changing world.

Why were they in logging you may ask? All my family comes from the "wilds"
of Swedish-speaking western Finland.  What else is a good Swede-Finn to do
when they get to the Pacific Northwest? :) My mother's father would be
brought to tears by views of clear cutting. It is from these two familes
that I learned to love hiking the wilderness.

Siri

snip