[pct-l] charity

Hey there everybody,

As I said when I brought up this topic a while back: I
will not recieve any assistance for my hike, I will
fund and supply my own hike.  All donations will go
completely to the charity.

one thing that stands out to me is that there is a
sort of undercurrent in some of the posts i've read.
I'll paraphrase it as this: Why don't you do your
charity work in some other way.  Well I'll respond to
that sentiment with the following: why not do as much
charity as you can, in whatever way you can.  If you
believe in good/bad, god, karma, the human family or
whatever, why not do as much good as possible.

BTW, I think it was Mags who wrote about the virtues
of doing trail work.  I agree completely and will add
that you should make an effort to remove *other*
peoples trash from trails and trail areas/campsites.
In my daypack there is a mesh pocket that routinely
comes back stuffed with trash.  I don't mind that
weight because it rides so light.

----------------Junaid #41PCT2006