From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jim Keener
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:30 PM
To: PCT-L
Subject: [pct-l] SoCal Backpacking - OT

Greetings:

Just moved to Santa Monica. It's official. I have a
Vons card and a 213 area code on my mobile telephone.

I'm looking for nearby weekend backpacking sites. My
plan is to leave the office in downtown LA on Friday
evenings, drive to a trailhead, walk, sleep and return
to Santa Monica Sunday evenings. One idea I've come up
with is hiking from the border to Lake Morena. I like
that hike a lot, but would want to go with someone
else so that we could shuttle.

Thanks,
J J