[pct-l] Hike the Hill <TIC???>

I think Hike the Hill is a great example of how and when politics should be
mentioned on this list. Hike the Hill DIRECTLY benefits the PCT, so it
certainly seems on topic. Most of the other stuff I've read here today,
global warming/freezing, pink vs. lavender states, etc., are not a PCT
issues, they are bigger than that, and more appropriate for another forum.

I though of writing a witty reply to the non-PCT talk thread that I'm sure
will tick off many of you. I would tie everything some of you are against to
the PCT. I'll start with this one. Add the <TIC> and </TIC> tags around that
if it makes you feel better or if you think I'm joking <GRIN>:

"President Bush is good for the PCT because he has kept our nation free so
we can enjoy the trail."

<VERY BIG GRIN>

Rec.scouting partially solved this by creating a separate "issues" forum for
those that want to deal with that rather than direct program and operational
matters. Maybe someone here wants to do the same so we can get back to the
trail.

And to all a very blessed Christmas.

AsABat