[pct-l] re [pct-I] Super Secrets - Hiking Poles

Singewald wrote:

> After reading numerous opinions on the usage of hiking poles I am convinced
> that there is no correct way to use them.  No offense to Smarty, Girl Scout,
> Switchback and the numerous others that have posted.  WWFY - Whatever Works
> For You.  So often with list serves people seem to have a need to express
> their way as the right way.  This seems especially true on this list.
> Remember HYOH.  The same holds true for gear choices and the usage of that
> gear as well.

agreed, as i stated in my original email... i think my main point was
that i've gotten the impression that many hikers i've met have simply
never tried using them the way they were designed to be used, and that
if you haven't tried them this way, i'd recommend giving it a shot.
ultimately, though, if it doesn't work for you, by all means use them
whichever way works best for you, including not using them at all, if
that's your preference.

cheers!
girlscout