[pct-l] shoe recommendations

> The dreaded choice of shoes!! What to do?? How to pick a good one??

Geez, I guess I'm a rather simple guy - in more ways than one.  :)  For the
last several thousand miles, my wife and I have given up on finding "the
right shoe."  What we use is whatever is *on sale*... that happens to fit
(not too tight, comfortably loose), but with an aggressive tread.  Out comes
the insole that comes with the shoe, in go our custom orthotics, with a
Spenco insole added to that, and we hike in 'em til they fall apart, smiling
all the way (well, almost all the way).  We enjoy getting last year's models
at $30-50 off.  I feel that certain companies are so competitive with their
designs and structure integrity that you really can't go wrong.

As for Mouse's: " north face shoes are also terrible... kill the bottoms of
your feet..."

Everyone's different.  I'm using some North Face Vapor Lights to start the
PCT with this summer.  Most breathable shoe I've found.   Used it before.
Good insoles, like the Superfeet or Spencos (which I have used for over 20
years now), might help what he is referring to.

HYOH... or walk in your own shoes... or limp however you may...  whatever.

??He who limps is still walking.?    -  Stanislaw Lec,   Unkempt Thoughts
(1962)

Walk well, y'all?

Dr. Bob