[pct-l] central Oregon transportation

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 9:44 am, Matt Ripperton wrote:
> I'm thinking of hiking a little 57 mile missed section in central Oregon
> this summer & was wondering if anyone knows where I can find bus or other
> transportation info.  I seem to recall there was a bus that would stop at
> McKenzie Pass??  Anyway, I'd like to hike from Hwy 242 up to around
> Breitenbush Lake (or the reverse).  I'll probably have a car at one end or
> the other.
>
> Or, since the Breitenbush area is pretty remote, if anyone happens to live
> in that area, a shuttle would be perfect.  I would be very willing to
> compensate for time & mileage.

The last bit of road to Breitenbush Lake is pretty rough, not for most
vehicles. I'd suggest at least extending as far as Ollallie Lake as a
start/end point. It's only another four or five miles and a good section
of trail at that, with nice lakes, and dense with huckleberries if you time
it right. (Dense with mosquitoes if you time it wrong.)

If not Ollallie then the next road crossing to the North would be FS
Road 42 at Clackamas Lake, followed by Timothy Lake, a couple of lessor
FS road crossings, and then to Hwy 26.

Terry