[pct-l] Muir vs Vermillion Store

I've used the Muir Trail Ranch food drop twice now for two week vacation loops on the JMT and have only had pleasant experiences with them. I hike with my dog, and she's welcomed there when I arrive, even tho she is intimidated by their large friendly dog that barks to announce the arrival of a hiker. I mail one bucket in for a weeks worth of my and my dog's food. The Ranch has fuel for alcohol, butane, and white gas stoves. There's not much else to buy there cept postcards, tshirts, so make sure your reload is complete. It is right on the route, just take the detour into it going either sobo or nobo. You can get your reload and be hiking again easily within an hour. The nobo route out is up a hot south 2000ft slope, so plan for that.  There's also the hot springs across the river for hiker use. $45 is very reasonable when you consider how remote you are when you get there and the service they provide. It also has over a century of wilderness service experience to share in the Sierra.  I haven't used VVR, it's off of my xc routes, and I'm in more of a wilderness mindset than a social mindset when I'm hiking.