[pct-l] Muir vs Vermillion Store

yeah, the Muir trail ranch store bites.  they definitely do not cater
to hikers.  they are friendly and will certainly give you every bit of
service for the $45 you will pay for the package fee, but they are not
really set up to be a hiker resupply or general store.

VVR is cheaper for the resupply package, but you'll end up spending a
pretty penny in their store/restaurant.  Not that they over charge
either.

Bottom line is that its just tough as hell to get goods to these remote
locations.  I've seen roads in Nicaragua washed out by floods that are
better than the road out to VVR.  The road to the Muir Trail Ranch is
even worse and is mandated by federal law not to allow motorized
vehicles.  All hikers should be grateful for either place.

peace,
dude