[pct-l] Instant coffee tastes awful?? Cowboy Coffee

Has anyone brought up the idea of cold brewed coffee.
It's awesome, amps you out, very smooth, concentrated
and can be warmed up with a little hot water or drink
it cold. Simply put a bunch of grinds in a water
bottle filled with water and let sit over night. Mix
concentrate with water equal parts when ready to
serve.

I was wondering if anyone had luck with soaking foods
ie beans, rice instead of cooking them. I'd like to
ditch my stove for this hike. Any ideas?

aloha, Bluce