[pct-l] Instant coffee tastes awful?? Cowboy Coffee

I'm a coffee addict, and proud of it! I won't debate your need or lack of, but don't get in the way of my morning jumpstart brew!! I did the cowboy coffee brew for years. Boil the grounds, and drink what's left. This took a bit of stove fuel, and I couldn't make oatmeal with the coffee stew, and it never tasted as good as home brew. But, alas, I was caffeinated. I have also took along the one cup drip funnel, filters, and made each cup from tasty starbuckish grounds.  That too took a bit too much fuel again, fuel is pack weight, and the grounds and funnel were a bit heavy. We're talking ounces here...Now, my present experiment is taking Folgers coffee single bags, one per cup, two cups are required and the first cup gets one bag, and the second gets the first used bag and a second fresh bag. The second one is best! With my Pika alcohol stove system this has been working great. I wish I could make my own coffee brew bags from bean grind, but this keeps me trail ready, my coffee monkey happy, and I'm awake. I'm not sure what instant coffee is good for, except better'n noth'n; and whoever invented or offers me decaffeinated coffee is beyond redemption and unwelcome in my campsite!!  I also have an evening brew after each dusty trail day using 151 rum and my secret citrus mix, but that's another story...Hikon!!