[pct-l] Re: Scott Williamson? Done?

Our adventures, long or short, can't be justified.
When they come into our mind, "I'm going to do that,"
we usually postpone them to "someday" because of cost,
timing, lack of time, other commitments, etc.  Many,
if not most, never happen.  Whether they become a
memory or a regret is up to us.

The answer is to put them on the calendar, block out
the dates.  With commitment, your life will wrap
around the adventure, and it will happen.  Some need
only a weekend or short vacation, some will require a
sabbatical or quitting your job.  Most thru hikers
will tell you that the most difficult step of a thru
hike is the first one.  You can do it.

Larry Hillberg

"Most men live lives of quiet desperation, and go to
the grave with the song still in them."

Henry David Thoreau