[pct-l] Re: Scott Williamson? Done?

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:08:25 -0800, Tom Griffin <griffin@u.washington.edu>
wrote:

> ... I can hardly find the time to do a
> measly section hike.

Common problem.  I wonder how many (few?) PCT-ers are mid-career
professionals.
I know that recently I had the devil of a time recruiting a companion for
just
the JMT, three weeks at my anticipated desk-jocky pace of ten miles a day
(ended
up doing a lot better, thanks Steve and Jan and Saskia!).  Scott
*expected* to
do 30+ miles a day and still needed seven months.  I ended up muttering to
myself
the Tennessee Ernie Ford song, about how everyone had "sold his soul to the
company store"; of course THAT just proved what an O.F. I am.

--
Jeffrey Neil Zimmerman
Sonoma County, The Left Coast