[pct-l] RE: Portable Word Processing Keyboard

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:51:50 -0800, John Coyle <jcoyle@sanjuan.edu> wrote:

> Do any of you use a portable word processing keyboard on your hikes?  ...
> or if you just write freehand in a notebook.

Never tried it, alas for the last several decades none of my journeys have
been longer
than 3 weeks.  But I hear good things about PocketMail, <URL:
http://www.pocketmail.com/ >,
which stores text and then uploads it over any telephone, accoustically
coupled.

But that may be antiquated.  I suspect that one of the newer Treos (cell
phone, keyboard, Palm device, camera) could not only upload text but also
images, assuming of course a carrier signal was available.  Which is more
common these days, a cell phone signal or a pay phone?

--
Jeffrey Neil Zimmerman
Sonoma County, The Left Coast