[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

On Apr 1, 2004, at 5:15 AM, dude wrote:

> I say "noy great" because it leaves a purle hue
> around the dark areas in high-contrast situations. Look at the upper
> left of this photo (in the trees) to see what I mean:

I agree that this will be an issue with most consumer level cameras,
but being mindful of lighting will minimize it. Maybe a filter or
polarizer will help too. However, I don't think I've taken pictures
that had problems as serious as that. If you want to see more pictures
taken with this camera you can go here:
http://www.abovecalifornia.com/pictures

All pictures from the "Muir Woods to Stinson Beach" gallery and below
were taken with this camera. Another nice thing is that you can
manually set the aperture and shutter time which allows you to get some
real nice sunsets and other cool effects.

Mark

-----
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add

Wanna frag? Add the ..::LVL Sherlock Channel and get the newest Quake3
maps:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/LVL/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add