[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

> I use an Olympus Camedia C-3000 Zoom. I love it!

I have this camera also.  I like it, but its much bulkier than the
Stylus.  It takes very good (not great) photos.  Even our printed
photos look good.  I say "noy great" because it leaves a purle hue
around the dark areas in high-contrast situations. Look at the upper
left of this photo (in the trees) to see what I mean:
http://www.dudedesign.com/photos/tyt2001/hi_res/P7280001.JPG

This is not to knock the camera too much because many digital camera's
have the problem and the only way to avoid it entirely is to spend big
money.  It doesnt bother me enough to not consider getting another
Olympus.

> The secret to long battery life is
> not to use the display. This will hold true for any digital camera.

I agree 100% with this.  When we turn of the lcd display, the batteries
last over 2x longer.