[pct-l] Re: O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

I have found that some excellent batteries for my
digital camera are the rechargeable Nickel-Metal
Hydride batteries from Radio Shack.  I think that they
were around $20 for four including a charger (your
choice of AC or DC) but are well worth the price.  I
highly recommend them.

I use an older Fuji MX-1200, not the greatest camera
(only 1.3 mega pixels) but am able to take well over
600 pictures on one set of batteries and that's using
the LCD screen.  This is the setup that I am planning
on taking with me for my hike next year...quantity of
pictures over quality for this trip!  ;)

a couple of examples:
http://www.hwy49.com/photos/images/gold001.jpg
http://www.hwy49.com/photos/images/gold002.jpg
http://www.hwy49.com/photos/images/sierra003.jpg