[pct-l] Mojave water report

In a message dated 3/30/2004 8:35:01 AM Mountain Standard Time,
3points@ispwest.com writes:
This is a water reportI just recieved from a couple of Southbound hikers...
    We did the stretch in Sect. E from Oak Creek, southbound to Hwy.
138/Hikerstown a week or so ago...The water was OFF at the Cottonwood Creek bridge,
16.4 miles north of Hikertown; the LA DWP has cemented over the horse trough at
that location, (which was in place and had water when I checked it out in
Jan.), and installed a new water faucet/spigot, which was OFF when we passed
thru...Maybe the Aqueduct is undergoing maintenance/repairs (?)...There was a small
creek flowing in Tylerhorse Cyn from the recent rains/snow, but we haven't
had any rain since Feb, so I don't think it will be running by the time you
visit...I carried 3 gal. of water, which it turns out we needed, due to the lack
of water available at Cottonwood. We were able to do the 39.1 miles between Oak
Creek (Tehachapi-Willow Springs Rd.) and Hwy. 138 in 2 days.
Forgive my geography ignorance, but I have a question about this so that I
can help advise Darrell.  This email being titled "Mojave water report", does
this mean the trail south of Mojave?  Looking at the PCTA website, I've learned
that Section E is "Agua Dulce to Highway 58 near Tehachapi Pass".  Does this
also include the trail from AD to Mojave?  Or just the trail from AD to
Tehachapi?  Darrell is planning to hike to Mojave, not Tehachapi.  Would he hit this
stretch no matter which way he goes?

Sorry to be so lame on this stuff.  I need a little help here.

Thanks, Betsy