[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

I use an Olympus Camedia C-3000 Zoom. I love it! I have taken it on
week long backpacking trips without having to change the battery,
though I always carry an extra set. The secret to long battery life is
not to use the display. This will hold true for any digital camera.
Some digital cameras do not have a viewfinder - just a digital display.
As a backpacker you should avoid such a camera.

Mark

-----
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add

Wanna frag? Add the ..::LVL Sherlock Channel and get the newest Quake3
maps:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/LVL/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add