[pct-l] RE: National Geographic Adventure magazine

I would like to add to Marshall's comments by saying that right now above
about 3,200 ft on the Oregon side of the gorge is mostly still under snow.

I've been hiking in the gorge every Sunday since December, training for my
thru-hike, and this last Sunday was the first "mostly" snow-free hike I've
done this year. My hike yesterday stayed below 2800 ft, but even so, I had
to cross several snow slides along the way, mostly on the north facing
slopes...

On the previous Sunday, the snow line was between 2800-3200 ft on the
Oregon side. With this weeks warm weather, however, the snow line might
creep up to over 3,500ft? And, if I'm not mistaken, the places on the PCT
with good views to the north are all above 3,000ft...

Brian Bowlsby
PCT in 6 weeks!