[pct-l] Recipes

Foil packed tuna,salmon and even chicken is available along the trail in
most of the larger towns..So chicken noodle soups, Salmon Bisque, and my
favorite..."tuna trail surprise" were among my dinner entrees....

But after a thousand miles or so, even they didn't sound good anymore...I
ended up eating a lot of potatoes by the time I reached Oregon...Mashed with
gravy, Scalloped and Au Graten (sp?)..very filling and very easy to find and
prepare...Never tired of them..

Tuna Trail Surprise

1 Foil Pack Tuna
Egg Noodles
Powdered Milk
Dried Parmesan Cheese

Cook Noodles til tender..drain, but set aside a couple spoonfuls of the hot
water

add a couple spoons of dried cheese and milk to the set aside hot water and
mix until you get a nice white sauce..

Add sauce and tuna to noodles...stir vigorously
salt and pepper to taste

enjoy...

Search the archives for the Salmon Bisque..I believe it is in there..

Redwood