[pct-l] Bending Tubing

Regarding ==>

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:44:54 EST
From: Bighummel@aol.com
Subject: Re: [pct-l] shirt fabrics
To: msaenz@mve-architects.com, lbakkar@hotmail.com,
pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net

msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:
Am I the only one out there whose back sweats like pig between my pack?

No, so what happened to the idea of an ultralight external frame pack?  A
light weight frame holds the pack bag off of your back making for
ventilation.  I
also like that nothing in the pack is able to stick into me since the bag is
off of your back a bit.   I'm working on a design using Easton Aluminum
tubing
for the frame, otherwise an internal frame pack bag design.  I'm working on
getting a reliable way to bend the tubing to custom fit the arch of my back
or
your back or Monte's back or . . . and have just bought a better tube bender
to try out.

Greg
make sure you completely fill - PACK TIGHTLY -the tubing with fine sand
before
you attempt to bend it. Also look for a spirally-wound tubing bender in a
plumbing
supply store. Both of these tools/techniques should allow bending of the
tubing
w/o collapsing the walls...

Dick - w7wkr
Stehekin, WA