[pct-l] shirt fabrics

Fallingwater,

Thanks for your comments.  I always find that my thinking is about three
years behind yours!

rmoak@sixmoondesigns.com writes:
However an external frame need horizontal stiffness.
I have to disagree with this.  Why do you need horizontal stiffness, other
than to provide for the "bow" effect of the horizontal tube and the back pad?
The joint need not be welded and rigid, but could be flexible (helping to make
it more comfortable to walk with), yet provide sufficient horizontal rigidity
to make the "bow".  I'm trying to make a pack that can carry only 30 lbs or so
max, not the 75 or more that Kelty's were made to carry.

I too have tried to lighter my old Kelty and quickly gave up as there is just
too much there, and, well, I love it too much to take it apart!

I love tinkering and this is just what I need.  Thanks for the tip on bending
the tubes.

Best regards,

Greg