[pct-l] shirt fabrics

Ah...Clothing.
Now, doesn't everyone have their favorite combo?
I won't bother everyone with what I think works best, but here's a pertinent question:
Am I the only one out there whose back sweats like pig between my pack?
I'm sure I'm not alone on this. I would like to know which fabric dries fastest, breathes best while it's sandwiched between my back and pack and will hold up for at least a few days without having to be washed.
I've read the advertisements promising all the above, but I still haven't bought a shirt yet. Still soaking on my cotton T...

Also- Here's an idea: There are products out there in the building industry called drainage mats which are used to drain water underground. Some are actually fairly strong in the load bearing dept. These come in woven fiber, raised dimple plastic or corrugated material sandwiched between perforated fabrics. I've thought of cutting a mat down to fit between my back and pack to allow enough air circulation to keep me relatively dry. I'd have to overcome the comfort factor and securing it in place, but this could be a marketable invention...Maybe a layer of Goretex sandwiching about 1/2" thick woven fiber mat, then a moisture barrier between this and the pack?

What do you all think?

*hi Andrea!*

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m