[pct-l] Can you do it in 4?

barclayb@comcast.net wrote:

> Can I really do the whole thing in 4 months?  I mean, it's averaging
> just over 21 miles a day.

Don't let that 'average' fool you. You will want and need zero days
- days when you put your feet up, mend and wash, replenish supplies,
read and dream. The less you take them, the more you'll want them.

Don't get me wrong. Doing it in 4 months isn't out of the question.
But it would require a very high level of planning, fitness, discipline
and dedication - much more so than the average thru hiker.

When the day came that you felt like doing *anything* but meeting your
schedule, you'd have to just squash the feeling and hit the trail. Same
thing goes for the next time and the next. So, sure, it could happen.
Others have done it in 3. But it that like you? Is that what you want?