[pct-l] socks

Hard as it is to believe, I used only two pair of socks on my thru hike in
1999 and still use one of them. They are -(what else did you expect?) Red Wing
socks!!  Cost - about $15 a pair. I told the sales clerk at the Red Wing store
that they should consider discontinuing them because there is no turnover and
that can't be good for profits. He just laughed. I also use lightweight liner
socks that the washing machine troll seems to find yummy. I would think that
lightweight nylon dress socks would make a good liner sock