[pct-l] socks

I will add a vote for Thorlo Cool-Max light running mini-crew socks, which I
wear with New Balance running shoes.  I have accumulated about six pair and
they have lasted me for about 8 years of hiking, about 50 nights a year.  Like
Joanne, I have the problem with red, burning, itching ankles in any kind of
wool sock, so I went with the shortest, thickest synthetic sock I could find,
and I cut the top elastic to reduce constriction around the ankle.  The socks
didn't fall apart.  These socks also dry very quickly on my feet after getting
wet in a stream, and they dry in a few hours on a clothesline or within a day
if riding on top of pack, after washing.
Marion Davison