From: <barclayb@comcast.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Can you do it in 4?

> So my real question, as a pct 2004 thru hiker who plans to attend Boston
University in the fall as a grad student (and who therefore has to return by
September), is:  can I really do the whole thing in 4 months?  I mean, it's
averaging just over 21 miles a day.  i'm 23, i'll be with one other dude.
We plan to cruise, but I don't want to sprint my way to Canada.  I've heard
stories of under 80 days (something I find sick and twisted, honestly), but
it seems to me that my goal might be too intense.  anybody wanna reassure
me?

> and am i going to get screwed by mosquitos above California in
July/August?