[pct-l] socks

I'll be using Bridgedales.  Yep, they are pricey, but I've heard great things (including that one 2002 hiker used two pairs for the whole trail and wears 'em to this day) and they've treated me well so far.

Jenny

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Setzer [mailto:Steven.Setzer@Colorado.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 9:29 AM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] socks

What kind of socks are most thru hikers using?  It seems like people
rotate through a ton of socks so they must not be smartwool ($16 per
pair!).  Are you all really using nylon dress socks?  I love smartwool
socks but I don't want to buy enough pairs to make it through a thru-hike.
Maybe a few pair would last the whole way but I doubt it.

Steve