[pct-l] Big Lake Youth Camp

Greetings to all,

Several weeks ago I sent information to the listing that the Youth Camp at
Big Lake in Oregon had burned down due to the B & B fire this past summer.
This information was told to me by a forest service worker in the town of
Sisters when I happened through there as they were opening the highway for
the first time since the fires shut it down.  This past weekend I skied to
the youth camp and found it standing intact and open.  When I talked to the
caretaker there he stated that the youth camp near Suttle Lake just east of
them had burned down.  So, if you "WERE" or are planning on using the Big
Lake youth camp as a re-supply point, they are operating and glad to be of
help to the PCT hikers.  I apologize for the misinformation I sent out
earlier, I hope it hasn't caused any hardships for the class of 2004 thru
hikers.

Scottie
3lungs

P.S.  Another example of not to trust what your government tells you.