[pct-l] Early Season Fording Techniques?

Evolution Creek is the notorious crossing, but depending on conditions there
could be others. 1998 was a very wet year, and at the end of July the South
Fork of the Kings River (Map H6) looked like rapids at the bottom of the
Grand Canyon (except for the color). I couldn't imagine trying to cross it.
Fortunately, We were heading southbound, and knew not to cross the "infant
South Fork" as the guidebook says, and instead followed the edge of the
meadow 2.2 miles to the problem crossing.

AsABat