[pct-l] Early Season Fording Techniques?

<< Sandals work just as well>>

But DON'T, fer God's sake, use sandals that fasten w/ velcro, i.e.,
old-school Tevas. I was once crossing Eagle Creek- 3 or 4 miles upstream of
Tunnel Falls- solo. Waist deep, swift, and freakin' cold water. About 1/2
way across, one of my Tevas attempted to liberate itself, leaving me to try
to thwart its escape while balancing on one leg w/ my chin in the water.
Probably the stupidest thing I've ever done.

Judson
Ashland