[pct-l] gates in the Sierra

I definitely saw cattle in the sierra all around gates.  If I
remember correctly, this was between Echo Lakes Resort and Sonora
Pass (or the northern kennedy meadows resort on Hwy 108).
Specifically, I am certain that there are cows just north of hwy
104.

I must admit that when I saw these cows I was on the Tahoe-Yosemite
Trail, not the PCT.  But it is definitely still in the Sierra Nevada
Mountains.

As a matter of fact, the northern Kennedy Meadows Resort on Hwy 108
raises their one cattle and serves steaks in their restaurant.  That
resort is basically right on the PCT.

That being said, I am not an expert on this topic, all I know is that
I saw cows on the trail near gates.  I am not talking like 1 mile
away from a gate either.  I am talking like 100 yards.

Hope this clears up my earlier post.

peace,
dude