[pct-l] Contacts

I used contacts on the AT in 02 and had no problems at all.  Several other
hikers I met had the same contacts.  They are called Focus Night & Day.
They are designed to be left in your eyes for 30 days straight then thrown
away when you put a new set in (in town).  Over the past year and a half
I've probably not had my contacts in for a total of an hour and my eyes are
perfectly healthy.  You definitely shouldn't leave contacts in your eyes
much longer than they are rated for (e.g. don't try this with daily wear
lenses).  Other manufacturers may make similar lenses to mine, just ask your
optometrist.  Of course if you're a (medical and financial) candidate for
Lasik, that's even better.