[pct-l] San Bernardino Forest CLOSED

	A fire has started near Crestline (west of Lake Arrrowhead,
west of Big Bear).  It's several miles south of the PCT, so far as I
can tell, and growing to the south, so it's probably not a direct
threat to the PCT, but: the San Bernardino National Forest is CLOSED
TO ALL VISITORS at this time.  I assume that includes PCT hikers, too!

	Please refer to the IncidentControl website, below, for more
details as this situation develops.  My advice is not to rely on the
San Bernardino National Forest website for current information, such as
forest closures; it doesn't seem to be updated sufficiently quickly
for the needs of public safety.

http://www.incidentcontrol.com/old/index.html
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/

	If you need to talk to someone (e.g., if you are tracking a
SOBO hiker in the area), I reached someone at the Arrowhead Ranger
Station (+1-909-382-2782).  The forest supervisor's office phone
number led to an unhelpful automatic call router.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/contactus/index.html

	On the Grand Prix fire side of Cajon Pass, the Angeles
National Forest is evacuating Mount Baldy village and will close more
roads in the fire area, but still (as of this writing) hasn't closed
the entire forest. I'll bet they're considering it, though.  For
up-to-date information, try the Mt. Baldy Schoolhouse Visitor Center,
+1-909-982-2829.

					Craig "Computer" Rogers