[pct-l] Fires in Southern Cal and Vanity Fair

	Update:  the fire is growing to the southwest, away from the PCT.

http://www.incidentcontrol.com/grandprix/index.html

On 03.10.24, Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> The area is very dry, and any chaparral that hasn't burned in the last
> 7 years or so (some of this area hasn't burned in the last 20 years or so)

	Some of this vegetation hasn't burned in the last 100 years!
Old-growth chaparral?

> Remember, though NO OPEN FIRES are
> allowed at the present time.  Only fuel stove-type fires allowed, and
> the Forest Service would prefer those only in developed campgrounds,
> please.

	OK, I goofed here.  Open fires are allowed in developed
campgrounds, NO OPEN FIRES in the backcountry.  Please check the
Forest Service websites for details.

					Craig Milo Rogers